Posted on 6/10/2020

30A Girls Getaway

It's a girlfriend getaway: beach-time edition! As usual and not a minute too soon. It really doesn't matter what you do – it's how you do it. Now more than ever, we all need girl time (well - just under 50% of the population). Whether you are being pulled in five different directions by a gassy, snot-nosed little, self-entitled punk or your own children, we all get to that boiling point. Nothing can cool you down (in more ways than one) than the beaches of 30A. From the moment you first see the Gulf's green waters, a feeling of calm comes over you. This is a good place in the story to stop, because usually the next thing you know that calmness is quickly challenged by someone who needs something from you. At the end of the day, whether that's a sippy cup, TPS reports, or a glass of rosé, the choice is yours, and it comes down to planning.

Girls Getaway: How to Honey

If you are like 90% of the women coming to vacation in South Walton, you roll into town with responsibilities. The babies, the mothers-in-law, the mates, and dates. Needy and sandy can be quite a charming combo – not. This article is for the other 10%. These women took Steve Jobs's advice. They thought different. First things first, you need to choose your girlfriends wisely. Actual results may vary, but a good rule of thumb is to ask twice as many friends as you would like to have come. Once they say yes to the beach, you can start planning. Pick things you all love. The time frame is important, you want to pick a window that works for everyone. Lounging on the beach is the low hanging fruit, here's a hit list of other carrots to dangle, if you hope to get your girlfriends on board with this 30A getaway. The number one thing is to keep the arrival time loose so everyone can pop in leisurely and not feel rushed. Once the council has been united, the fun can begin.

Where to Go Girl

Quaint little beach towns abound in every nook and cranny on 30A. It will be easy on the first night to simply walk to the nearest beach bar or pop a bottle in your shoreside bungalow. For the first morning, you may try Cowgirl Kitchen, offering hot southern-style eats, two great locations in Seagrove, and Rosemary. They also offer prepared foods so you can take a quickie meal home to the girls. If you wake up a little later, you can try Blue Mable and what could be the very best bacon in town. If you and the posse are looking to chill off-line in Grayton, you might stop into the Hibiscus Café. They have tasty eats in a very casual courtyard environment that exudes ambiance and encourages deep convos.

Fill your days with long walks, paddleboards in a state park, or just plain chilling at the beach by the warm, clear waters of the Gulf. By nightfall, you'll want to have your hit list together. AJ's Grayton needs to be on that list, so much live music, multiple bars, and a location that's pretty centrally located along 30A - you kind of have to go there. Grayton also has the famous Red Bar and Chiringo by the beach, both with epic indoor/outdoor scenes. There's fun to be found around every corner, usually just a few steps from where you are staying.

Where to Stay Sister

There is no wrong place to stay along 30A. Just about every area has some unique accents, specialty shops, and one-of-a-kind restaurants. Rivard by Ocean Reef Vacation Rentals offers a bevy of options from beachfront homes to convenient condos – you'll find the perfect place for you and your girls to relax and enjoy!

Dune Allen Beach Restaurants 30A Green Thumb Guide